A New Approach to Treating Addiction
The current methods in treating addiction are not working and the opioid epidemic is growing. We must rethink our approach and adopt a more comprehensive way to treat addiction using functional medicine techniques and principles. Functional Medicine practitioners look “upstream” to consider the complex web of interactions in the patient’s history, physiology, and lifestyle that can lead to illness. The unique genetic makeup of each patient is considered, along with both internal (mind, body and spirit) and external (physical and social environment) factors that affect total functioning. Our program is membership based, which means we are able to focus directly on the needs of the patient vs what the insurance company demands. That is the Wellness Recovery approach.
Functional Addiction Care Program
Our MAT Functional Addiction Care program focuses on addressing the root causes of drug and substance addiction through a 360° look at your health including your personal history, current lifestyle, environment, mental and emotional factors, and genetics.
Using the latest lab testing and technology, we then create a regimen tailored specifically for your body using best practices from all over the world, including diet, lifestyle change, stress management tools, detoxification, nutritional supplements, and when necessary, prescription drugs to treat addiction properly.
What is Medication Assisted Treatment (MAT) for Opioid / Opiate Addiction?
Medication Assisted Treatment (MAT) for opioid / opiate addiction does not mean that we rely on the use of mediations to solely cure you. Proper MAT, in combination with counseling, lifestyle, nutritional, and behavioral therapies, provides a “whole-patient” approach to the treatment of substance use disorders.
Medications offered for Medication Assisted Treatment (MAT) Opioid / Opiate Addiction
- All buprenorphine and buprenorphine/naloxone products
- All naloxone/natrexone products
- Nutrition/Supplement-based, opiate and medication-free treatments available
What to expect on my first visit in our Functional Addiction Care visit
- New patient paperwork
- Urinalysis: all Medication Assisted Treatment (MAT) for opioid / opiate addiction patients will submit to an observed urine drug screen.
- Intake assessment: staff will gather complete medical, nutritional, lifestyle, and addiction history (including opioid / opiate use), check vitals, and provide education about program rules, expectations, and proper use of any medications.
- Full mental health assessment from a licensed professional
- Nutrition and lifestyle assessment and recommendations
How often will I come for visits?
- Wellness Recovery’s Functional Addiction Care program for opioid / opiate addiction program is individualized to meet personal needs. On average, patients will return to clinic weekly for the first month and bi-weekly thereafter. Patients may graduate to less frequent visits after they are established in our program.